Weathervanes & Cupolas
A cupola (pronounced coo-puh-luh) adds an elegant touch to anybuilding - shed, garage or barn and enhances any property.
Whether you just want a decorative piece or you need a functional element to ventilate your structure, a barn cupola will set your structure apart from every other building in the neighborhood.
With a large selection of styles and options, you can customize your cupola to reflect your asethics and good taste.
- Maintenance-free vinyl, select-grade red cedar or primed and unpainted white pine to finish as you like.
- Roof styles to complement your home: pagoda, bell or straight.
- Windows, louvres or both. Go a step further with stained glass or copper / color-accented slats.
- Architectural details, decorative trim, crown moulding and a variety of facia styles.
Instead of leaving the top of your barn's cupola bare or using a simple finial, why not finish it off with a decorative weathervane. We offer 3-dimensional, handcrafted weathervanes for barns made of completely rust-free copper and brass materials. Brass directionals and copper weathervane spacer balls are included.
Three traditional styles - rooster, horse or eagle are readily available. Call us at 888-447-4337 if you have something else in mind. We can special order just about any figure imaginable and we won't charge you a dime extra!
- Cupola size is derived from the measurement of the base width.
- Our cupolas will accommodate up to a 10/12 roof pitch.
- An extended base is available for steeper pitched roofs.
- Cupolas come in 2 or 3 sections (depending on size) for easier shipping and installation.
- All louvered cupolas can provide ventilation for your structure.
- Windows are removable for installing a light fixture.
- 60" and 72" cupolas come standard with double midsections.
Selecting the Right Size Cupola
A good rule of thumb in selecting the right size cupola is to allow a minimum of 1.25" for every foot of unbroken roof ridge line. For example: if a roof section measures 24' the minimum size the cupola should be is 30". For roof lengths 48' and longer you may want to consider using 2 or 3 cupolas.Learn more here...
- Manufactured from cellular PVC
- Rot, moisture and insect resistant.
- Accepts paint and standard fasteners.
- Can be cut, drilled and routed.